What We Faced
A large Natural Gas service provider was operating on an outdated version of ION’s Endur CTRM system that was becoming unsupported by the vendor. To retain system support and enable future growth and functionality, the client must upgrade their CTRM system to a newer version.
With MRE’s help, the client chose to do a like-for-like upgrade to the latest V22 version of Endur, being a trailblazer in this effort also presented a unique challenge in that there were unknowns on how the new software version would hold up to rigorous client testing.
Additional project constraints:
- Aggressive 5-month timeline
- Limited 3-week availability of end users for User Acceptance Testing
- Mix of both remote and on-site resources
What We Did
MRE leveraged proven in-house tools and techniques to meet the challenge head on by providing:
- Risk assessment on known software changes between V16 and V22
- Test case review and enrichment with clear structuring of business processes
- Regression and Integration testing approach to cover the full system deal lifecycle
- Modified UAT approach to adhere to business resource constraints
- Tailored in-person training on known software changes delivered with documentation
- Full go-live weekend support with 2-week hyper-care period
What We Delivered
MRE’s deep expertise in Endur upgrades along with a highly engaged client IT team led to a successful go-live in the summer of 2022. Becoming one of the first ION clients to upgrade to V22.
The project delivered on-time and under budget thanks in part to:
- Reduction in time for test preparation and execution using MRE’s lifecycle testing approach
- Internal collaboration at MRE with other active V22 upgrade projects for knowledge sharing
- Early assessment in upgrade risk through detailed analysis of changes between target and future state version
Due to such a successful go-live, MRE was able to invest additional time into the following without increasing budget:
- Comprehensive list of tailored recommendations for future enhancements and projects
- Additional training and quick reference guides for end users on changed functionality