The client identified the need for an enterprise wide supply management, risk management, and supply costing system to support wholesale supply procurement, risk management and cost accounting activities.
Trading operations relied on many manual processes which were time consuming, lacked controls and were not scalable. Spreadsheets grew increasingly unmanageable as trade volumes increased, impacting usability and stability.
Additionally, the client’s future plans for growth required a scalable solution with robust risk management tools.
MRE developed an integrated Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) solution which combined Endur with additional application modules (pMotion, Accounting Manager and PMG) to enable the front-to-back visibility, improved accuracy, and resource efficiency the company needed.
- Facilitated end-to-end trading and risk management capabilities across physical, financial, power, and gas trades with Endur
- Enabled real-time data visibility across multiple layers of resettlements and streamlined business control points by leveraging pMotion and PMG to use the existing Structure Group product nMarket platform
- Set-up scalable infrastructure for business continuity and disaster recovery within power markets, decreasing support resources for on-site and remote environments
- Addressed internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
The project was delivered on-time and on-budget, providing a scalable end-to-end ETRM platform to support company growth. Key benefits included:
- Streamlined settlement processes with straight-through processing which eliminated 600+ settlement spreadsheets and allowed single data entry as opposed to up to six times previously
- Integrated Forecast, Reference Data, KIODEX, and Lawson
Shifted business focus from data maintenance to data analysis by eliminating data redundancy and manual reconciliation
- Demonstrated functionality enabled the client to challenge ERCOT’s collateral requirements through accurate and accessible settlement data
This was one of the first end-to-end solutions of its kind due to its breadth and number of system interfaces.
Following the project, OpenLink commercialized the PMG, which was a collaborative build among project/client/vendor teams, into standard functionality for Endur.