What We Faced
As the client significantly reduced its natural gas marketing group, it needed to right-size its energy trading platform. They decided to move from Endur to Entrade, fill in process and training gaps, and automate reporting and other daily functions wherever possible.
Given contractual obligations to the client’s former parent company, all of the above needed to be accomplished on an expedited timeline with little room for error.
Entrade ETRM (Natural Gas)
What We Did
MRE led the charge in establishing the client’s commercial and technological structure, bringing thorough knowledge of front-to-back processes, ETRM and related technologies, and project management.
Specifically, focus was placed on the following initiatives:
- Migrate all necessary functionality and reporting from Endur to Entrade
- Automate daily workflows to reduce burden on business personnel
- Deliver custom configuration and reporting where appropriate
- Build integrations with high-impact interfaces: ICE Trade Capture, ICE eConfirm, Oracle, and Price Service
What We Delivered
MRE delivered the project on-time and under budget without compromising on project deliverables. Results included:
- Migrated all business functions and processes from Endur to Entrade by high-risk deadline, preventing monthly charge of $5+ million.
- Built integrations with ICE Trade Capture and eConfirm, Oracle, and Price Service to enhance functionality offered to users.
- Supplemented extensive training efforts with workflow automation to build a knowledgeable and effective user base. Since implementation, user base has been reduced by ~50% without adverse effects to business functionality.