executive director of it, restaurant chain
At our request, MRE developed a Microsoft PowerApps to assist several HR processes of requests from the field to address functional, requests, approvals and processing. This process created automation, eliminated process error from an older, manual process and improved productivity. The PowerApps was deployed to all company users and available in the convenience of their mobile device.
As part of a corporate technology modernization initiative, the company upgraded its legacy web server applications used by HR and other departments.
Existing legacy applications were not compatible with the new upgrade and offered an outdated user experience.
The legacy applications were designed with hard-coded fields and values which made it very difficult for employees to enter data. They were only supported by older web browsers with no support for mobile devices. As a result, they also desired to migrate their applications.
In order to modernize their legacy applications, MRE recommended a rapid application development and low-code platform approach using Microsoft Power Apps.
- Simplified business processes through automation of tasks
- Reduced manual data entry efforts
- Reduced the amount of emails and attachments sent through the use of automated workflows
- Improved application supportability and extensibility
The results of the solution were immediate.
Key benefits included:
- Over 3,000 employees to access the applications via mobile and browser devices
- Dynamic control of the application, allowing users to enter an indefinite number of fields and details
- Time-to-market of less than 3 months from design to production deployment.
- by 4x