What We Faced
The client’s existing SQL server infrastructure had become unstable and unreliable. Their goal was to modernize their SQL infrastructure to a more recent version of SQL Server, migrating away from SQL Server 2000.
The SQL server infrastructure supported all of the client’s payroll as well as executive reporting processes.
MRE was selected because our approach was unique, and the customer was able to see results immediately once our team began executing the project.
SQL Server 2008 R2
SSIS, SSRS, .NET
What We Did
The solution required a safe and thorough migration of the client’s Microsoft SQL Server 2000 to 2008 R2. Given MRE’s extensive history involving similar solutions, the appropriate staffing and workflow was readily available to address the immediate needs of the client.
Our technical assessment process included discovery of:
- Current technologies at play
- All involved components
- Technical dependencies
The new platform would provide a robust operational core for the business while ensuring that the existing data warehouse and its dependent business processes such as emailing of daily, weekly and monthly reports remained functional.
What We Delivered
The delivered solution was well received by the C-suite and prepared the client for future growth of its IT infrastructure.
- Decreased risk of running legacy operating systems or database platforms
- Improved performance when running existing reports
- Improved development platform for new SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) style reports
- Reduced platform instability issues, improving reliability to perform critical business processes such as payroll and executive reporting
- Reduced issues/complaints related to data delays
- Improved timeliness of data in executive reports