MRE Consulting, Ltd. (LM)
WHERE YOU FIT IN
We are seeking an experienced Technical Business Analyst to work with the client Product Owners and Product Managers, delivering new, scalable solutions. This role spans across client’s Front–Office, Middle-Office, and Back-Office solutions. The Front-Office cover applications related to sales, marketing, and customer experience. The Middle-office covers applications related to pricing and structuring of deals, load forecasting, and risk management, and trading. The Back-Office covers applications related to accounts receivable, settlements, enrollments, and billing.
The Technical Business Analyst will be responsible for working across the organization to analyze and develop requirements for the technology team and/or third-party technology vendors. They will also be required to work with cross functional teams to provide data-driven solutions. The position will provide as needed testing support and will help ensure the quality of solutions before production deployments. The BA is also responsible for understanding client’s existing system integration solutions to ensure the implemented solution is efficiently integrated.
Reporting into the Manager of Business Analysts, the role requires self-motivated, dedicated and responsible individual with the ability to perform well under pressure.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create business-related analysis and design deliverables including requirements documentation / business stories, acceptance criteria, process workflows and training plans/materials.
- Work with IT/3rd party vendors, internal Product Owners and Project Managers to ensure proper interpretation of the requirements / business stories and contribute to the project solution.
- Ability to explain issues and resolutions to technical and non-technical staff.
- IT programs development or design experience or equivalent.
- Professional software development work in an Agile and traditional environment
- Create test cases with the business and technology team.
- Experience working as a Business/Reporting Analyst.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to provide data-driven solutions.
- Assist in triaging and prioritizing issues related to project deployments.
- Communicate proactively on status, process standards, changes, gaps and workarounds clearly and succinctly to all stakeholders, including third party vendor(s) as applicable.
- Participate in creation of the business case to request funding for projects.
- Support process improvement activities associated with process inefficiencies and/or new functions currently not performed in day-to-day operations.
- Establish SLAs on systems, monitor performance and address shortfalls through new projects or process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4+ years in full-time business analyst capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Information Technology, Engineering or other related field-demonstrated experience with software development companies.
- Proficient use of QA testing, business analyst methodologies, system design & analysis.
- Highly proficient User Story and Acceptance Criteria writing skills.
- Data Mapping, Migration, Transformation & Reporting Skills.
- Ability to understand existing data sources.
- Ability to understand outside vendor’s system & Data structure.
- Ability to understand/write SQL queries for the various reporting and data needs.
- Deep knowledge of the energy industry and retail electric provider business operations.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Be a proactive team player – we’re a small team with big ambitions in doing things at speed. As we work across a number of channels, projects, and conflicting priorities, being able to navigate and juggle multiple things on the go is required as well as being proactive enough to anticipate the next steps and actions.
- Good communication skills, written and oral, for example ensuring sales agents are kept informed of any delays in turning around pricing requests, or outlining the rationale behind a decision not to approve credit for a customer.
- Analytical mindset, demonstrate ability to problem solve and create practical solutions to overcome problems and mitigate risks.
- Comfortable working in a target-driven and fast-changing environment, and able to respond to changing business needs.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook and strong Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical, organization and time management skills, with the ability to maintain a strict level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and demonstrate a vested interest in team goals and objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Self-motivated with the desire to consistently improve performance and gain further knowledge.
- Ability to meet deadlines, learn quickly and demonstrate effective problem solving and follow-up skills.