An American Manufacturer of Memorabilia was seeking to reduce revenue leakage by improving customer quoting, customization, and invoicing processes.
The company utilizes a complex algorithm for products and pricing integrated to both manufacturing and financial systems driving the complete process from order through cash.
They engaged MRE to analyze and redevelop their pricing engine supporting a self service and sustainable method for centralized management of products and pricing, drive enhancements to the order to cash platform including improvements to the UI experience, business process flows, operational efficiencies, and financial reporting which enabled the organization to enforce and measure against revenue targets.
- Revenue leakage due to sub-optimal pricing and misalignment to manufacturing processes
- Inability to accurately measure estimated revenue targets
- Inconsistent quoting capabilities and processes resulting in significant operational rework
The objective of this solution is to improve the accuracy and efficiency of quoting by sales managers, optimize back-office maintenance to support quotes and apply customized pricing, align internal groups to reconcile final price and invoicing.
The solution included:
- A complete redesign of the pricing engine including product catalog, complex pricing rules, and development of self-service tool for maintaining pricing year over year.
- Revised budget and quoting process with margins controls and manufacturing approvals to track estimated annual revenues.
- Single source of truth for the product catalog and pricing from quote through invoice and financial reconciliation for all of North America.
- Detailed reports and dashboard to view performance at a Sales Rep, Divisional, VP or Enterprise level
I am feeling great about the finished product, its flexibility & design. I owe that your technical leadership on this project.
The executive leadership team realized value immediately with greater visibility into the financial pipeline and risks across North America. Centralized management of products and pricing allowed Sales to accurately forecast annual revenues and respond to their customers faster improving their win rate.
- Customized Salesforce Pricing Engine simplified the pricing configuration facilitating pricing and quoting accuracy
- Standardized quotes and change approvals enforced appropriate controls based on defined business rules to maintain estimated vs actual revenues.
- Significant redevelopment of the Salesforce platform migrating legacy code to Lightning Web Components simplifying support and maintenance.
- Integrated Salesforce with ERP and Manufacturing systems using MuleSoft for the product catalog, pricing and invoicing
I wanted to express my sincerest thanks and appreciation to the team. They have weathered an insane number of requirements, system limitations, integration challenges and unique personalities (?) on this complex implementation. Special shout-out to Captain America himself, Keegan, who has played a crucial role for the project.