What We Faced
A Texas-based Fortune 500 energy company acquired a natural gas company with holdings in the Midwest and Northeast to expand its geographic reach and its retail offerings. The resulting company had five separate Salesforce instances with three dedicated to their retail power business. Business processes involved were sales, marketing, and services.
- Learning and discovery on acquired business processes.
- Consolidation of retail energy business processes across multiple Salesforce instances
- Needed to understand and form brand strategies for new markets
- Mapping future business needs for expansion into the technical designs of the new solution
- Performance constraints at the integration layer
Salesforce Sales Cloud, Boomi
What We Did
MRE was brought on board to assist in strengthening the client’s retail brand strategy as part of their Retail Extension Project. Focus was put on combining and maximizing cost-effectiveness, efficiency and performance. Particular emphasis was also put on growing and supporting their brand presence in new markets, for which MRE modeled a Salesforce architecture and layout to accommodate their expansion. The new streamlined and easy to use structure was designed to assist internal sales and marketing teams to better serve customers, across multiple brands and territories.
The versatility of Salesforce positioned the client to be pioneers not only in the retail power space but also provided a dynamic platform supporting the multiple integration points required to allow for the growth of their business.
What We Delivered
The project mapped standardized products and pricing to the appropriate brands and territories within Salesforce, simplifying sales processes.
This information was also available in Service Cloud, allowing the lead management and call center teams to better reach prospects and serve customers.
Key benefits included:
- Increased visibility into the organization by consolidating all CRM functions under a single SFDC instance
- Provided transition/training efforts and ongoing production support
- Upgraded solution platform design by moving from C# to Boomi