What does a ETRM Business Analysts do?
This position will give you an opportunity to not only develop strong relationships with the business client’s we support, but also develop strong technical and business skills under deeply knowledgeable subject matter experts within the firm. You will become proficient in the most widely used software platforms in commodity trading and risk management while supporting some of the largest energy companies in the United States.
- Assess and model business processes, data flows and system functionality to understand current value and issues and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Facilitate and document business requirement gathering sessions with system users, ensuring they align to client business objectives.
- Work closely with technical resources and business subject matter experts to draft functional design documents
- Configure and maintain system reference data.
- Develop and execute system test cases.
- Ensure overall traceability of requirements from business needs and requirements, through testing and scope changes, to final solution.
- Manage status from identification to resolution of system enhancements and defects using agreed standards and tools.
- Work closely with IT project manager and other team members to ensure tasks and deliverables are meeting project timelines.
- Grow in your knowledge of the commodity and energy industries.
Who you are and what you’ve accomplished:
You are an eager and motivated professional looking for a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. You thrive in teams that work collaboratively by leveraging individual abilities to solve challenging problems and reach common goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with a personal sense of pride in work output
- Ability to work with different people and team structures
- High adaptability under pressure and willingness to learn new things
- Strong issue resolution skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- A passion for Information Technology and its impact on businesses
- General knowledge of the various system development lifecycle approaches (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)