What does a MuleSoft Specialist do?
MuleSoft Specialists focus on projects, working closely with an Architect to deliver API-led solutions for client integration needs. Depending on the nature of the project, they configure the solution within the AnyPoint platform, develop custom code, and help with activities like scoping, requirements definition, and documentation.
- Translate business requirements into well-developed, reusable, API developed solutions that best leverage an API-led integration methodology
- Participate in design sessions and document technical solutions that are aligned with client business objectives
- Develop and deliver stories using Agile methodologies as per planned iterations
- Develop custom solutions and interfaces leveraging the MuleSoft AnyPoint platform
- Follow Agile software delivery methodologies and leverage tools such as Scrum, Jira, Rally or Agile Accelerator
- Execute test plans to ensure quality delivery
- Follow coding standards and participate in code reviews during projects to ensure appropriate design patterns are followed
- Provide estimates and work breakdown structures for assigned tasks
- Stay informed of the MuleSoft product roadmap, new features, and connectors
- Mentor junior technical resources
Who you are and what you’ve accomplished:
- You are a data integration professional with experience building integration solutions using modern communication protocols (REST/SOAP, Pub/Sub, etc.), identifying security requirements/parameters, and data transformation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent
- 2+ years of integration experience in building integration projects using MuleSoft AnyPoint platform or similar integration technology (e.g. Informatica)
- Experience in Mule Integrations and Mule API Management
- Experience with AnyPoint Runtime Manager and Enterprise release capabilities
- Experience in designing and developing MuleSoft API for Run Time Fabric (RTF) deployment
- Experience with API Manager, Runtime Manager, RAML, Exchange, Design Center
- Experience with Services Oriented Architecture and RESTful Architecture, web services development
- Experience building software systems according to SOLID principles and following design patterns
- Experience in source control management using GIT or SVN
- Experience of database access protocols such as ODBC, JDBC, SQL
- Experience with RAML specifications/build
Strong understanding of NFRs – Performance, Security, High Availability as well as Mule internals
- Working knowledge of JIRA Project Management Tool is preferred but not required
- Documentation of API contracts
- Knowledge of end-to-end CI CD process for deploying Mule APIs
I like Flows a lot because you don’t have to be a developer to create a Flow which enables you to automate complex business processes. When you’re creating a Flow, you’re thinking like a Developer, but you don’t know it.
What to Expect at MRE?
Learn from experienced solution architects who have delivered for different industries from energy to healthcare and for companies from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
Be part of a team that is intellectually curious, enjoys problem solving, collaborate, and have fun together. Come together with co-workers through regular social events.
Learn when to leverage clicks over code and best practices when custom building on the platform. Develop your skills through training and certifications, while actively taking part in knowledge sharing at practice all-hands meetings.
Get active and competitive: Team MRE, we work together, ride together, and support the community together.
Be rewarded for driving results for your clients, practice, and company. Our meritocratic recognition philosophy reflects in our competitive compensation structure.
Work with people who are passionate about putting the customer at the center of the experience and leveraging the Salesforce platform to make all things possible.