The client was frustrated with the quality of service provided by their current Microsoft Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP) which was exacerbated by recent billing inconsistencies and inaccuracies.
The client CFO desired visibility of spend on Azure and Microsoft 365 environments, as well as recommendations of potential cost savings opportunities – insights which their current CSP was not providing.
Typically, a Microsoft Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP) enables partners to directly manage their end-to-end Microsoft Cloud needs. CSPs in this program work with clients to:
- Provision, manage and support client’s Microsoft subscriptions
- Leverage efficiencies with monthly billing
MRE provided an M365 and Azure license analysis to breakdown monthly costs and identify cost savings.
The team compiled and reviewed past invoices for Azure and Office licensing to get insight into monthly spend breakdown and identify recommendations.
In addition, through MRE’s Microsoft Gold Partner status and relationship with the distributor, MRE was able to offer additional incentives that could be shared with the client.
MRE identified $50,000 in annual cost savings on licenses through discounts and promotions.
Through our license assessment our team was able to identify and implement the following:
- Provided $3K in immediate savings by changing CSP to MRE through a one-time promotion through our relationship with a distributor.
- Recommended right sizing machines in Azure to reduce consumption and resources.
- Automated tasks to shutdown non-critical virtual machines and resources during non-production hours to reduce overall spend.
- Implemented Audix 365, MRE’s proprietary tool, to provide analytics and insights within the Microsoft 365 environment.