What does a Power/Gas Subject Matter Expert (SME) do?
They configure a solution within the ETRM platform to include reference data such as gas and power physical locations and settlement indices, and use the system’s native functionality to configure home screens where traders and schedulers ‘live’ each day to do their jobs. For external systems such as power bidding and scheduling systems, the SMEs will work with project team developers to ensure integrations to the ETRM will support timely and accurate schedule submission, and that ISO market awards are captured properly.
- Gather and document client business requirements. This will include deal capture, scheduling and understanding valuation of vanilla and complex transactions.
- Use ETRM native design modules to configure intuitive deal capture, scheduling and position screens for efficient daily usage
- Identify ETRM customizations the client may need to minimize manual tasks and improve operational efficiency
- Work with project developers to design customizations and integrations to external systems
- System testing – validate each test case or integration is working as designed before training users and User Acceptance Testing
- Training & Support – train users how to use the new system functionality, support go-live cutover and typically remain on project after go-live for ‘hyper-care’ support
Who you are and what you’ve accomplished:
You are an experienced power or gas trader, scheduler or ISO settlements specialist, with familiarity of ETRM and scheduling platforms (Endur, Allegro, FIS) with experience in configuration of reference data and/or configuration of ETRM screens and windows that are intuitive to users. For power, you’re familiar with ISO Bidding and Scheduling systems (Adapt2, PCI, PowerOptix), ISO market awards and settlements and resettlements. For gas, you have a strong background in the gas markets, are familiar with pipelines/zones/locations, products, gas scheduling, storage, transportation and actualization.
- You have strong knowledge of gas and power market trading, scheduling, or settlements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a gas or power trading, scheduling or settlement role
- Proven ability to support the management of projects, lead discovery and build cycles, and work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated industry or domain expertise