What does a CPQ Specialist do?
CPQ Specialists focus on projects, working closely with an Architect to develop the technical solution for a client need. Depending on the nature of the project, they configure the solution within the Salesforce platform, develop custom code, and help with activities like scoping, requirements definition, and documentation – all while leveraging the most of CPQ (configure, price quote) capabilities.
- Build a world-class solution design strategy and action plan for each client CPQ engagement
- Lead a variety of workshops including business process reviews, discovery sessions, requirements gathering sessions, and design sessions
- Perform analysis of complex business information including business and technical requirements, process models, user stories, and process gaps
- Lead a team of Consultants and Analysts to build your designed CPQ solution
- Work alongside a Project Manager to manage project budget and profitability, delivery schedules and overall quality of the solution
- Advise clients on industry, Salesforce, and CPQ leading practices to drive process transformation
- Support pre-sales and internal continuous process improvement initiatives
- Assist our Salesforce Practice Lead in the development, growth, and refinement of delivery methodologies and leading practices
Who you are and what you’ve accomplished:
You are a seasoned Salesforce CPQ Specialist, with familiarity of CPQ platforms (Salesforce CPQ, Steelbrick, Aptus, PROS), Salesforce platform configuration, and Salesforce custom development methods. You are a specialist in the Salesforce CPQ product and have strong knowledge of the lead-to-cash business process and Salesforce revenue cloud capabilities necessary for developing robust solutions for clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Salesforce Admin, Advanced Admin, Salesforce CPQ, and Sales Cloud certifications
- 3+ years of experience in a Project Lead, Solution Architect, or Lead Business Analyst role
- 3+ years in Salesforce Quote to Cash/Salesforce CPQ, preferably in a consulting role
- Experience with CPQ product bundling, product rules, pricing rules, and quote generation
- 3+ years of experience in user acceptance test planning and execution
- Proven ability to support the management of projects, lead discovery and build cycles, and work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated industry or domain expertise
I like Flows a lot because you don’t have to be a developer to create a Flow which enables you to automate complex business processes. When you’re creating a Flow, you’re thinking like a Developer, but you don’t know it.
What to Expect at MRE?
Learn from experienced solution architects who have delivered for different industries from energy to healthcare and for companies from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
Be part of a team that is intellectually curious, enjoys problem solving, collaborate, and have fun together. Come together with co-workers through regular social events.
Learn when to leverage clicks over code and best practices when custom building on the platform. Develop your skills through training and certifications, while actively taking part in knowledge sharing at practice all-hands meetings.
Get active and competitive: Team MRE, we work together, ride together, and support the community together.
Be rewarded for driving results for your clients, practice, and company. Our meritocratic recognition philosophy reflects in our competitive compensation structure.
Work with people who are passionate about putting the customer at the center of the experience and leveraging the Salesforce platform to make all things possible.