What does a Salesforce Developer do?
Salesforce Developers focus on projects, working closely with the project Architect to develop the technical solution for a client need. Depending on the nature of the project, you will configure the solution within in the Salesforce platform, and/or develop custom code and will assist with activities like scoping, requirements definition, and documentation.
- Translate business requirements into well-developed solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform
- Participate in design sessions; Document technical solutions that are aligned with client business objectives
- Develop custom solutions and interfaces leveraging the Salesforce platform
- Follow Agile software delivery methodologies and leverage tools such as Scrum, Jira, Rally or Agile Accelerator
- Execute test plans to ensure quality delivery
- Follow coding standards and participate in code reviews during projects to ensure appropriate design patterns are followed
- Provide estimates and work breakdown structures for assigned tasks
- Knowledgeable on the Salesforce product roadmap and features being deployed in maintenance releases.
- Mentor junior technical resources
Who you are and what you’ve accomplished:
You are an experienced developer, with familiarity of various development platforms, coding styles, software delivery methods and tools. You have strong knowledge of the Salesforce platform, Lightning components, and Apex development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in a development role with proven ability to successfully translate business requirements into custom developed solutions.
- Minimum 3 years of Salesforce platform experience (5+ years preferred)
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce product suite including Salesforce Mobile, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Force.com Platform, and the App Exchange
- Configuration experience using the Salesforce point-and-click developer interface
- Understanding of the Salesforce APIs for integration and data migration activities in Salesforce
- Strong background in design and development of enterprise systems as part of a complete software product lifecycle
- Excellent client-facing written and oral communications skills
- Holds an Active Salesforce developer certification
I like Flows a lot because you don’t have to be a developer to create a Flow which enables you to automate complex business processes. When you’re creating a Flow, you’re thinking like a Developer, but you don’t know it.
What to Expect at MRE?
Learn from experienced solution architects who have delivered for different industries from energy to healthcare and for companies from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
Be part of a team that is intellectually curious, enjoys problem solving, collaborate, and have fun together. Come together with co-workers through regular social events.
Learn when to leverage clicks over code and best practices when custom building on the platform. Develop your skills through training and certifications, while actively taking part in knowledge sharing at practice all-hands meetings.
Get active and competitive: Team MRE, we work together, ride together, and support the community together.
Be rewarded for driving results for your clients, practice, and company. Our meritocratic recognition philosophy reflects in our competitive compensation structure.
Work with people who are passionate about putting the customer at the center of the experience and leveraging the Salesforce platform to make all things possible.