MRE Consulting, Ltd. (CK)
About the job
- Perform Tier 1 service desk responsibilities.
- Receive and log incoming support requests via phone, email, or ticketing system.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues for end-users.
- Provide prompt & effective technical assistance while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Stay updated on the latest tech trends and share insights with the team.
- Provide on-site support to clients when necessary to resolve urgent technical issues.
- Facilitate user-friendly training sessions to equip colleagues with better tech-know how.
- Proactively identify and resolve recurring technical challenges.
- Document, categorize, and prioritize service requests for resolution.
- Collaborate with Tier 2 support technicians for complex issues.
- Assist with the setup, configuration, and maintenance of end-user devices.
- Create and maintain knowledge base articles for common issues.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of sensitive information.
- Maintain accurate records of support interactions and solutions provided.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative team atmosphere.
- Engage in continuous professional development by pursuing relevant certifications or training opportunities.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent; relevant technical certifications a plus.
Prior experience in a related customer service or helpdesk role is a MUST.
Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office suite.
Familiarity with IT service management tools.
- Exceptional rapport-building skills.
- Empathetic listener and curious solution-seeker.
- Adept at communicating and working with cross-functional teams.
- Possesses a desire to continuously learn and grow in the IT field.
- Professional and well-mannered.
- Strong time management and organization skills to handle multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under potentially stressful situations and adapt to changing needs.
- Has a team-oriented mindset, always willing to help colleagues.
- Kind and patient demeanor when assisting users of varying technical abilities – not everybody is tech-savvy!
- Deeply cares about ‘personal brand’ and representing themselves in an outstanding way.
This role is based in Houston, TX and has the expectation of full-onsite presence.