What does a Marketing Cloud Developer do?
Marketing Cloud Developers design and execute campaigns for clients, leveraging marketing automation tools and techniques. They build integrations, data management processes, automations, and personalization to deliver engaging campaigns that delight consumers.
- Imagine and drive digital marketing strategies that enable clients with their business goals
- Build compelling customer engagement that support business processes around lead management and conversion
- Align marketing and sales organizations through marketing automation process and technology
- Combine marketing experience with creative and technical skills to advise on digital marketing strategy
- Provide guidance around core marketing strategies, drip campaigns, A/B testing, dynamic content, personalization, list hygiene management, and send optimization
- Build multi-touch journeys, configure decision and engagement splits
- Understand, document, and develop requirements related to campaigns
- Design, configure and implement campaigns in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and/or Pardot, in collaboration with the technical team.
- Leverage marketing analytics and customer insights to develop business strategy and advanced segmentation
- Work with project teams in a waterfall or agile structure
- Deliver client-facing presentations
Who you are and what you’ve accomplished:
You are developer with practical hands-on experience with marketing automation platforms, customer relationship management, and data management tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field or equivalent
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant and/or Administrator certified preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in a marketing role, with a demonstrated track record of delivering successful marketing automation campaigns in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, using Content Builder, Journey Builder, Automation Studio, Mobile Studio, CloudPages, and beyond
- 2+ Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar marketing automation platform such as Pardot, Marketo, HubSpot
- Working proficiency of AMPscript, SQL, HTML, and CSS
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in marketing automation
- Technical knowledge of customer relationship management, content management systems, email marketing systems
- Ability to work closely with the various specialists, especially cross-functional teams and external vendors involved with the development and execution of digital marketing
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies that drive/support/enhance marketing
- Excellent attention to detail, strong strategic thinking, creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and familiarity with the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with light copywriting. Ability to adapt writing style to audience and channel
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- B2B Marketing Experience
I like Flows a lot because you don’t have to be a developer to create a Flow which enables you to automate complex business processes. When you’re creating a Flow, you’re thinking like a Developer, but you don’t know it.
What to Expect at MRE?
Learn from experienced solution architects who have delivered for different industries from energy to healthcare and for companies from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
Be part of a team that is intellectually curious, enjoys problem solving, collaborate, and have fun together. Come together with co-workers through regular social events.
Learn when to leverage clicks over code and best practices when custom building on the platform. Develop your skills through training and certifications, while actively taking part in knowledge sharing at practice all-hands meetings.
Get active and competitive: Team MRE, we work together, ride together, and support the community together.
Be rewarded for driving results for your clients, practice, and company. Our meritocratic recognition philosophy reflects in our competitive compensation structure.
Work with people who are passionate about putting the customer at the center of the experience and leveraging the Salesforce platform to make all things possible.